How does a girl care for herself during her period?
During one’s period, the girl is more prone to infections. As a lady, you need to take proper care of yourself during your period to prevent chances of getting an infection.
Some tips on taking proper care of yourself during your period.
- Use a sanitary pad or tampon
- Bath at least twice daily
- Do not use one sanitary towel for too long before changing it to avoid getting an infection
- Wash your underwear after each use
- When you use the bathroom, wipe from front to back to avoid infection.
- Wash your hands after changing your sanitary towel and whenever you use the bathroom.
- Take an extra sanitary towel and underwear when you are going out of the house to prevent staining accidents
What should you do if you experience aches or discomfort?
- Warm compresses or hot water bottles could help relieve period pains.
- If you have mild discomfort, you could use a pain killer (it is better to commence use before your period starts)
- If the pain is severe or comes with a fever, you may need to see a doctor.
How do I insert a sanitary towel?
- Remove the wrap/covering
- Place the sanitary towel on the seat of your underwear with the adhesive part attached to the seat and the soft cotton upper part facing your body.
How do I dispose of a used sanitary towel?
- Do not throw into the toilet to prevent blockage
- Wrap up soiled sanitary towels in waste paper or newspaper and dispose in the waste disposal bin for onward disposal by the waste
Next post: Debunking myths about periods